Bobby Volare?

~
You just got home from school and it’s Channel 30 Fun Time! Or maybe Nancy Allen's Movie Matinee on Channel 24. Don’t forget the BOSS 30's #1 KYNO. If you were sophisticated, you only listened to KFIG on some new airwave called FM. We honor the late great Al Radka here at Lost Fresno whose motto was Lettuce Eat it!
~
Big J

Bobby Volare?

Post by Big J » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:22 pm

My mother had a record or two of this guy - basically parody songs (I left my heart in downtown Fresno, etc) - was he a DJ or something?

Lost Fresno Guest

Re: Bobby Volare?

Post by Lost Fresno Guest » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:03 pm

I got your Bobby Volare right here. Singing a "Cold Foggy Fresno Night" no less.

TmBarrett59

Post by TmBarrett59 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:31 pm

My favorite Bobby V soong was his version of Sinatra's "New York, New York" The Bobby V version was re-written for the Bulldogs winning the NIT Championships that year(83). I used to hav it on 45rpm, I might still have it over my folks house in a closet somewhere.

CRMorehead

Post by CRMorehead » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:58 am

"Downsizing" garage sale stuff, I decided to sell dozens of classic rock cassettes from the early 70's. I found one I had recorded' KKDJ 1 Year Birthday and kept it! Great memories from when I later worked with Don and Dean at KCLQ in the mid 90's.